Sunday, January 9, 2011

January


After reading all the inspiring blogs and looking at all the pretty pictures on tumblr I've come to a sort of revelation.

No matter how much decorating or remodeling I do, it won't matter much if we are surrounded by clutter and mess.

It doesn't matter how many boxes or plastic bins we buy, there is way too much stuff around here.

My husband and I are slowly going through the corners and piles of stuff we've aquired in about 10 years....and getting rid of lots. Some is being donated, some will hopefully be sold this spring at a yard sale, and lots is being thrown away or recycled.

I'm still aquiring things here and there at thrift stores, but I'm trying to be a little more selective about my purchases.

With three little kids running around it's sometimes hard to find the time to go through all the stuff, but we are working in little hour long shifts here and there.
I'm hoping by July most of the excess will be long gone.

So after being inspired over and over again by photos and posts about pretty rooms I've realized we'll never get there if we don't starting cleaning and organizing.

Hooray for January and the hopes it brings!

No comments: