A while a go I started paying more attention to some of the inspiring tumblr blogs. I used to have a little obsession with magazines. I collected the Martha Stewart magazines for years. I had several other favorites. Before we had kids and had a little extra money floating around I used to go to the local Barnes and Noble and spend too much money on good coffee and British and Australian decorating magazines. I hoarded old Bon Appetits and Food and Wines. I even forced my husband to move my stash of magazines to our current home.
It got a little ridiculous so I started some binders to save my favorite pages - And then I recycled all of the stacks and stacks. I have one binder devoted to recipes and one to decorating ideas.
I still get a couple magazines to have something to browse through in the evenings if I get a chance to sit down, but when I ran across some of the beautiful and inspiring tumblr blogs I was hooked!
I started one of my own so I could reblog some of the cool stuff I see. I feel sort of bad because I don't really contribute any new ideas, but there are so many talented people out there contributing so many beautiful images and inspiring ideas! It's a great way to save some inspirations and not have to hoard magazines any more.
2 comments:
you inspired me. I used to have a tumbler and never updated it so I renamed and feel I want to start using it again!!!
http://pknitter.tumblr.com/
you insirped me. I used to have a tumbler account and I went and found it and updated it a bit....
http://pknitter.tumblr.com/
Post a Comment